I am writing to you from my new home in Orlando, FL (YAY!!!). Why the move? NYC and NJ no longer serve me. Quite frankly, the prospect of having to face another cold winter is just too devastating to think about. So now I get to work from home (I’ll tell you what I’m to in a few days…), skip to the pool when it gets too hot, make nice and easy meals when I get good and ready. What a great life! I give special thanks to my sister and brother-in-law for allowing me to stay with them in their home while making my transition to sunnier weather.
This sauteed lemon kale is super easy to make! I must say that the lemons here in Florida are super delicious! They have a beautiful tart flavor that I never taste anywhere else. Am I imagining this? If you live in Florida, let me know!
Sauteed Lemon Kale
1/2 bunch kale, chopped
4 to 5 slices of thin lemon slices
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red pepper
1 small carrot, sliced
2 sprigs of thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1 small avocado
extra virgin olive oil for sauteeing
- Take your thinly sliced onion and add it to a hot pan with olive oil. Sautee it until it turns brown.
- Halfway through cooking the onions, add your thinly sliced lemon. Sautee it until it turns brown.
- Add your red pepper and carrot to the pan.
- Remove thyme leaves from the stem and add that to the pan.
- Add the chopped kale to the pan and sautee until wilted.
- Serve on a plate with sliced avocado. Enjoy!